Order Birth, Death, Marriage, and Civil Union Certificates Online!

For your convenience, you can process online requests through an independent company that Kane County Clerk has partnered with to provide you this service; VitalChek Network, Inc. An additional fee is charged by VitalChek for this service, and all major credit cards are accepted, including American Express®, Discover®, MasterCard® or Visa®.

Certified copies of Civil Union certificates of persons who were certified in Kane County may be obtained from the office of the Kane County Clerk.

A Civil Union certificate is filed with the Clerk's office after the Civil Union ceremony takes place. The individual(s) performing the ceremony completes and signs your Civil Union license and returns it to the Clerk's office, where it is recorded.

After that occurs, the Clerk's office can issue you a certified copy of your Civil Union certificate upon request. Civil Union certificates are not automatically sent to couples.

Fees for Civil Union Certificates are $16 for the first copy and $6 for each additional copy of the same record.

Requesting a Civil Union Certificate

By Mail:

Mail your request to:

Kane County Clerk, John A. Cunningham
Vital Records
719 S. Batavia Ave., Bldg. B
Geneva, IL 60134

Include the following items:

In Person:

Come to our office at:

Kane County Clerk
719 S. Batavia Ave., Bldg. B
Geneva, IL 60134
Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri: 8:30am-4:30pm
Wed: 8:30am-8:00pm

Bring the following items with you:

  • Photo Identification (e.g. drivers license, state issued identification, etc.)
  • Cash, check or money order payable to Kane County Clerk, or debit or credit card. An additional $2.50 service fee will be added to any credit or debit card purchases. Please call our office for acceptable debit/credit cards.

Contact VitalChek:

For a $10.00 convenience fee, you can order a Kane County certificate with a credit card by going to www.vitalchek.com. Additional shipping fees may apply.