​​​​To obtain certain vital records, you are required to submit one or more forms of ID.

All forms must be current and valid.

One form of ID is required if providing one of the following IDs:

  • State drivers license
  • State issued identification
  • U.S. passport / U.S. passport card or foreign passport (Must be readable, must have issue and expiration dates.)
  • Mexican Matricula or Guatemalan Consular ID Card
  • U.S. Armed Forces identification card (with issue and expiration dates)

- OR -

IF YOUR ID IS EXPIRED OR YOU HAVE LOST YOUR ID - You will need 2 pieces of documentation. The first piece of documentation can be a bill (i.e. a utility bill, examples are electricity, cell phone or water bill) or other mail showing your name and current address. The second item must be one of the following items:

  • Current Voter registration card
  • Medical / Car insurance card
  • Bank statement (issued within past 90 days)
  • Vehicle registration card
  • Credit Card statement
  • Paycheck Stub with imprinted information
  • Public assistance card
  • EBT Link card

All ID's will be reviewed at time of request as to their acceptability.
NOTE: Documentation submitted other than what is listed above will be reviewed at time of request as to the acceptability of the information provided.

SOCIAL SECURITY CARDS ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTABLE per the Illinois Department of Public Health.