​​To apply for a marriage license, you are required to present one of the following forms of ID.

  • State drivers license
  • State issued identification
  • U.S. passport / U.S. passport card or foreign passport (Must be readable, must have issue and expiration dates)
  • U.S. Armed Forces identification card (with valid issue and expiration dates)
  • Mexican Matricula or Guatemalan Consular ID Card
  • Permanent Resident Card

All forms must be current and valid.​


All ID's will be reviewed at time of request as to their acceptability.

NOTE: Documentation submitted other than what is listed above will be reviewed at time of request as to the acceptability of the information provided. Social Security cards are no longer acceptable per the Illinois Department of Public Health.