Conversion process for a Civil Union to a Marriage

If you and your partner entered into a civil union in Kane County at any time since June 2, 2011, you may convert your civil union to a marriage per 750 ILCS 5/ Illinois Marriage and Dissolution of Marriage Act.

If you have had a civil union ceremony in Kane County since June 2, 2011, you are eligible for the conversion process.

All couples must appear in person and present government issued photo ID such as a driver’s license, state ID, consular ID or passport.

If you have any further questions, please call our office at 630-232-5950 and we will be happy to assist you.